Terms and Conditions
www.nationalclaimshelpline.org.uk is a website operated by Jayplex Services Limited. National Claims Helpline is a trading name of Jayplex Services Limited is regulated by the Claims Management Regulator in respect of regulated claims management activities; its registration is recorded on the website www.justic.gov.uk/claims-regulation (CRM 22383). Our VAT number is 990 9161 87.
Jayplex Services Limited is a private limited company, registered in England and Wales under Company number 6928151. Our full terms and conditions are available on request from the following address: Jayplex Services Ltd, Unit 9, 24 Derby Road, Liverpool, L5 9PR. Email: email@example.com.
Disclaimer: This website contains lots of useful information and was accurate at the time of publication. However, everybody’s circumstances are different and as such whilst we are happy to act as a guide we always recommend you obtain more tailored advice from a regulated individual. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such information by any visitor to our site or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
The material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or equity; and
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with the use, ability to use or the results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it including, without limitation, any liability for loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of profits or contracts, loss of anticipated savings, loss of data, loss of goodwill, wasted management or office time and for any other loss or damage of any kind howsoever arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable,
But nothing in these terms and conditions affects our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
By submitting your details through the National Claims Helpline website, or by telephone, you are agreeing to an initial evaluation of your details by ourselves and subsequently by our panel of solicitors if you wish to speak with them. We are not Lawyers and do not give Legal Advice. Any information you provide is treated with respect and only ever passed on to a third party with your express permission. By submitting your details through the National Claims Helpline website or by telephone, you agree that we can contact you by phone, sms, email or post for the process of investigating your enquiry and deciding with you if you qualify to use the services of one of our Panel Solicitors. We will ensure that any contact is made during office hours and that any specific requests are respected.
Further details around the duration and methods of contact can be found in the Claims Process section of our website.
National Claims Helpline is always reviewing its service and for that reason we ask Solicitors we work with to provide brief details on the progress and outcome of your case. This information is kept confidential but if you do not want the solicitors to provide the information please do tell them.
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; these Terms and Conditions set out how we will treat your personal information.
What information we collect
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- Information about your visits to and use of this website;
- Information about any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services;
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us and/or subscribing to our website services and/or email notifications and/or filling in forms on our site;
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
Using your personal data
- Ensure content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- Notify you about changes to our service;
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website
- Send information (other than marketing communications) to you which we think may be of interest to you by post, sms or by email or similar technology
- send you marketing communications relating to our business services only where you have specifically agreed to this, by email, sms or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications to be sent by emailing us; and
- Provide other companies with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user.
- to any of our parent undertakings or subsidiary undertakings (as defined by section 1162 of the Companies Act 2006)
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business assets;
- To the extent that we are require to do so by law;
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings; and
International data transfers
Security of your personal data
We will take responsible precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet, where you have been provided with a password, you are responsible for keeping your password confidential. We will not ask you for your password.